Saturday, April 11, 2009

My World

We had our family pictures taken recently. Family pictures are a BIG DEAL for us. First, there are a lot of us, and second, the men are extremely resistent. That is except for Nolan. He may show a little dismay, but he always makes up for it by smiling sweetly and saying "I'll do whatever you ask me to do." (He says this to me, not his wife, Megan.) Reed doesn't count in the extremely resistent category since he is still willing to do whatever Kaitlin asks. Here are some of the results.




This is the real DoJo and MoJo. We still really like eachother a lot. On the flip side, we each know exactly the right thing to say to irritate the other one. Kidding aside, this just keeps getting better and better.

We have five pretty-dang-wonderful children. No complaints here. Honestly, I'm really blessed with this bunch. Can you tell from the photo who Wesley's "other mothers" are? Pretty obvious, huh? It's okay though because they've done a good job with him.

And then there were 17! We started with three daughters and two sons and now have four daughters and five sons. What I really like about all these "adopted" children is that I get to love them as if I'd given birth to them without having to live with them through their teenage years. Really painless! Like I said before, I'm blessed.

And this is the best part of having children...GRANDCHILDREN! Currently, we have six, but that number seems to change on a yearly basis. Desi & Jared are taking care of 2009 in October. Although it is hard for us mortals to imagine unconditional love, I think we come fairly close with grandchildren. This may sound a little cliche, but I'm thankful that FAMILIES ARE FOREVER.



2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing the photos, they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it is good to see you guys! I love the family pics! Send me an email and I'll invite you to my blog.

    Have a splendid day!

    Vanessa

    vfullman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete