Thursday, January 21, 2010

Snow Day!

This morning, I woke up to this. It may not seem like much to my friends in Utah or Scotland, but in the Four Corners area, this is called a Snow Day. School was canceled and I celebrated.

First, I dressed like this. Comfy pants, a.k.a. sweats, and my special gloves.

Then, I sat at my sewing machine and had some fun with a little machine quilting.

DoJo came home early and made me some lunch. (Yes, his hair looks funny, but it usually does unless he's wearing his church clothes. He doesn't know about this, so don't mention it when you see him in his everyday-work-clothes.) Lunch was good and I was impressed. This is actually the first time I've seen DoJo use the microwave for something other than nachos or popcorn!

Not long after lunch, these two sweethearts came to visit with their little ones. They invited me and DoJo to join them in the snow. Who could resist these two sweet smiles?

Kourtney patiently waited for her turn on the sled.

Lexi spent her down time making snow angels.

Our yard is somewhat level, so there's no downhill experience. The dad's provided the horse power for a lot of fun.

Olivia and Lexi have a snow snack during their ride.

Drew does his best to just hang on. Olivia, on the other hand, practiced her parade wave each time she passed the camera.

Nolan gives Kourtney a wild ride.

Jeremy decides to show Amanda just exactly how wet the snow is.

It seems that Jeremy would know better. They've been married for almost 10 years. Guess he's a slow learner.

Yeah, that snow in the ear is REAL cold! Live and learn, Jeremy!

If you've seen The Christmas Story, then Andrew should look familiar to you.


All the snow clothes made walking difficult, so he resorted to hands and knees.


This is FUN? Save me Grandpa!

Time for cocoa. Grandpa decides to show the grandchildren the wonders of whipped cream in the cocoa, only his whipped cream never makes it to the cup. DoJo likes his straight.
Lexi tries it.

But Kourtney sticks with the tried-and-true.

Kourtney assures me that you can't have too much whipped cream in your cocoa. Plus, it is okay to scoop it out with your fingers!

What a day! Everybody needs a Snow Day every now and again.

4 comments:

  1. First of all, Dojo hasn't notice what his hair looks like - after all these years? Well good for him! If we could all live in such bliss the world would be a better place!

    What a fun day - made me miss playing with my kids!

    See you have new sewing machine. What kind did you get? Also, do I need to have gloves to make quilt blocks? Seriously, do I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun. We haven't had snow for a while up here. Plus I think it would take a lot of snow to have a snow day here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a wonderful day. I bet it was a real blast to enjoy your children and grandchildren on a snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Especially the hot chocolate! I don't know about the gloves either. Why?

    ReplyDelete