Saturday, May 9, 2009

Marry a Yard-Man

As Kaitlin's big day approaches, I find myself wishing to dispense little bits of wisdom on the strangest things. Today, a beautiful Saturday, was just perfect for yard and gardening work. While I was digging and planting with Kaitlin at my side, I thought of this little piece of advice for her...marry a YardMan. When you are young and living in an apartment, it may not seem like a big deal, but as you grow old together, it is a very big deal...unless of course you intend to hire a yardman. As for me, I AM THE YARDMAN. DoJo's idea of yardwork has always involved horsepower of some sort, which leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to the finer details. A picture says it all:

Yes, I'm happy that he got that old stump out. Thrilled, in fact. It's just that his idea of yard work always creates more work for me in the long run. Guess now I'm re-seeding the side yard.




Amanda and Megan both married a YardMan. This is a good thing. Here is the proof.


Jeremy on the tractor getting ready to plant a yard...

and Nolan planting more yard.
So, how will this all turn out for Kaitlin? It remains to be seen.

YardMan or No-YardMan?

No comments:

Post a Comment